Our philosophy at bookskeep is to work only with those tools and systems that are proven to be top-notch in their field; those that provide a user-friendly platform, generate easy-to-access reports and help us to operate more effectively for our clients. We look for these criteria in both our internal tools and tools that our clients use as well.
One such tool that really fits this bill is Xero, a cloud-based accounting software ideal for small businesses. We have many clients who use Xero to manage their ecommerce business, and it’s a perfect fit for them. And because we have certified Xero users on our team, we’re able to easily transition into managing their books for them. One thing that is attractive to the industry we serve is that Xero works so well for Amazon sellers, making it easy for them to monitor and manage their financials as they grow their ecommerce business. A few of Xero’s many features that are particularly popular with Amazon sellers include:
- An online dashboard for instant view of your business financials, bills and purchase orders.
- A mobile app that allows you to work on the go.
- The ability to connect to A2X, Shopify, and Dear Inventory.
- Specialized support from advisors who have Amazon sellers as clients.
- Blogs that are specific to Amazon sellers, offering tips and tricks for running your ecommerce business.
From our perspective as the bookkeeping team managing accounts for our clients, we have several things we really like about Xero:
- Because it’s cloud-based, we can access Xero anytime from anywhere; no need to install and download software. A simple login and we’re there! And the fact that it’s available to the bookkeeper and the client simultaneously is a real plus because it allows us to review reports or transactions with our clients from our own devices.
- The automatic bank feeds make our work much easier, which in turn is more cost-effective for our clients.
- We love the integrations with other platforms such as A2X and Shopify. Again, this saves time on data entry, saving the client money, which we always like to do!
As with every good accounting software, Xero offers the basic features such as invoicing, inventory tracking, payroll (using Gusto; another favorite of ours!), top-level security, and reporting. But they go way beyond that, creating a full-service platform for managing your ecommerce business. They are also very affordable for start-up companies. For a full list of features and services, visit their website. If you’re looking for an easy, yet comprehensive accounting software for your business, Xero may be just what you’ve been searching for.